Terms & Conditions
For Parents & Guardians
By engaging in a Fencing related activity with Sabre Sports Coaches Ltd (SSC) and upon receipt of full payment, you agree to accept and adhere to the following terms and conditions.
All athletes should be dressed appropriately for the activity they are taking part in. In most cases this will mean long trousers, a t shirt (long sleeve if using plastic equipment) and a good pair of trainers. Our coaches reserve the right to refuse participation in an activity on safety grounds to anybody not suitably clothed.
Jewellery must be removed before taking part in each session.
It is advisable to bring a water bottle to each class to keep hydrated.
Whether an athlete uses their own, or school equipment, this equipment must be in good working order without any signs of damage or disrepair. All equipment supplied by SSC complies with the current regulations for fencing equipment. Our coaches reserve the right to not allow any piece of equipment to be used on safety grounds.
Our coaches reserve the right to refuse participation in an activity to an athlete if the behaviour of the athlete poses a risk of harm to themselves, another athlete or anybody else in their vicinity.
If an athlete has not paid for the activity within the required time, our coaches reserve the right to refuse participation in the activity.
7. Sessions will be led by an SSC coach. SSC coaches are all British Fencing Association (BFA) qualified, have insurance, are first aid trained and hold current DBS certificates.
8. A minimum of 10 athletes per class, is required for a term of fencing to go ahead.
If there are insufficient numbers at registration a full refund will be issued to parents that have registered.
Bookings & Payments
10. Completion of the booking and receipt of full payment deems you agree to our terms and conditions.
11. Payments are to be made in a timely manner, before the start of the first session, unless stated otherwise to secure a child’s place for the term.
12. Payments are made using our online booking system at www.sabresports.co.uk.
All major credit/debit cards are accepted. Apple Pay & Google Pay payments are supported.
13. No cash payments or enrolment forms will be accepted at classes.
14. Fees for activities will be set before the first term of fencing. Every September the fees will be reviewed to cover the cost of inflation etc. We reserve the right to alter our fee structure at any time.
15. If you are finding it difficult to make payment for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to discuss further.
16. Sessions missed due to the individual cannot be made up at a later date or refunded.
17. If the school cancels a session with less than 1 weeks’ notice, and where parents pay Sabre Sports directly, Sabre Sports will not be responsible for refund of the cancelled session.
18. Sabre Sports Coaches Ltd reserves the right to cancel sessions due to illness, travel restrictions/impairment, personal issues or for our coaches to attend essential competitions or professional development. We will endeavour to provide as much notice of cancellations as possible. We will also try our hardest to make up the lost session later in the term.
19. If we are unable to deliver a lesson because of reasons beyond our control e.g., School closed due to severe weather, we are unable to offer a refund. Where possible, we will try our best to schedule a lesson to run later in the term, but this cannot be guaranteed.
20. Termly fees are non-refundable after the first week. If a student decides not to continue after the first session, we should be notified in writing within 48 hours after the first session has taken place. The remaining fees will then be refunded, minus the cost of the first session and a transaction fee. If your request to discontinue is not received in writing, within 48 hours after the first session, you will not be eligible for a refund.
21. Any authorised refunds will be scheduled to the original method of payment and made within 14 days of being agreed.
22. Fees are paid in advance for the full term and are non-refundable in any other circumstances.
If a student discontinues fencing mid-term, any remaining sessions will not be refunded.
23. Sabre Sports Coaches Ltd reserves the right to honour discretionary refunds where it deems appropriate.
The parent/guardian warrants that:
24. The information set out in the online booking form is accurate in all respects and the parent will notify Sabre Sports Coaches Ltd of any change in such information immediately.
25. When attending the course, the pupil will not be suffering from any contagious illness, disease, or injury.
26. It is the responsibility of the parent to inform Sabre Sports Coaches Ltd directly of any condition that could affect their child’s capabilities during the sessions by contacting email@example.com.
All information will be treated as strictly confidential.
27. Parents/Guardians should arrive promptly to collect their child and should advise the school office immediately if they need to be collected early or if they are delayed.
28. Sabre Sports Coaches Ltd or its coaches cannot accept liability for any damage to or loss of personal belongings, however caused, brought to an activity session.
29. Sabre Sports Coaches Ltd and its coaches are members of The British Fencing Association (BFA). As such they are fully insured to partake in and instruct fencing related activities.
30. Sabre Sports Coaches Ltd will follow The British Fencing Association and British Governments guidelines in the event of any Health Emergency.
31. All queries regarding the general running or admin of the activities we provide should be sent to our main office email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please avoid discussing queries with our coaches directly.
Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to make amendments to our Terms and Conditions at any time to reflect changes in our business or statutory obligations. The new version will be posted on our website and will take effect immediately upon posting. If applicable, these changes will be communicated to all our customers by email.